Sunday, November 8, 2009

Latest

So, I waited the alotted time period required by my insurance and I finally settled on my car. I received the check last week on Tuesday and surprise, surprise I get a call from the auto shop it was stolen from on Wednesday. What did they say? Well, they said they may have found my vehicle. Found??? Maybe...brought back??? Seriously?? The people it was stolen from, "found it"?? Do they think I'm stupid? Oh and get this, it was found...dun dun dun...on the block right behind the auto shop!! Seriously suspicious! They wanted to know if I had the VIN number somewhere...uh yeah I'm going to help you "find" my car...I don't think so! So anyway, I heard nothing confirming if it was or wasn't my car. So that was Tuesday and Wednesday...Thursday morning, I had to be at work early for a safety meeting and I should have eaten my Wheaties. Now I have been told that I have a sensitive sense of smell and as I was being taught how to be safer I keep noticing that I smell alcohol. I also notice that everytime that Green Fingers (a guy I work with literally has a green fungus under every nail) speaks it gets stronger. Now GF had had previous issues with alcohol, like showing up late and drunk and then crying...that was so pathetic. He was having "lady problems", I know how that sounds but he always called his fiance "lady" and she was no longer his fiance. That's a whole other story. So, I mention it to a co-worker and she passes it on while someone asked me a question. The next thing I know I am being called into the safety coordinator's office with one of my bosses to elaborate on my observation of GF. Next thing I know drug tests are being pulled, GF refuses (after chain smoking and face washing) and gets fired. That was shocking, sad, and apparently according to some "a long time coming." So, I am feeling bad about that and notice I missed a call on my cell, it was from the Saginaw police...my car had been "recovered". I told him my suspicions, he "uh uh'd" through that and then he requested I that I go look at it and see if anything of mine is still in it, claim it, and if there is anything that is not mine in it let them know. I have to wear latex gloves and I have to basically do their job and investigate the car. Notice I didn't say my car?? It's not mine anymore, it's the insurance company's car! He also told me that they had wanted me to come look on Wednesday, I told him no one called me but the auto shop and his response "oh I guess we dropped the ball on that one", you think? Thank you Captain Obvious. So I did a conference call with the wrecker service and my insurance claims person Tracie (we are now on a first name basis and might even exchange Christmas cards, haha) and found the police needed to give me permission to access the vehicle. So I am going tomorrow to investigate.

Next post: My Findings...

No comments:

Post a Comment